Main Forum

Denied Global Variables

4 replies
Sparks:
+118
Overlord
This was suggested >6 months ago

Global variables work like Save variables, in that they keep their value when no one is on your plot

the difference between Global variables from other variables, is that their value can be accessed and modified across all of your plots

Why would this be useful?

-You could make some wild 2P puzzle games where people are on 2 different plots that are next to eachother

-You could make battleship or something like that without people xray hacking or something

-Cross-plot progression
Posted Feb 12, 19 · OP
Sparks:
+51
JrHelper
Overlord
you must play blockparty to win!11!11!!1!1!!!
^ great idea

I mean cross-plot progression would be amazing would also be handy for my plot BlockParty and upcoming BossParty but i think there will just be alot of problems

and no you cant use the argument make a rule!!
1799327.gif
Posted Feb 12, 19
Sparks:
+127
Admins
Expert
Emperor
Apart from being a rather painful feature to add, I do not imagine that this feature will be used in rather annoying ways most of the time.

For example, "Join this plot to get this item!", "Get level 20 on my other plot to unlock this super special feature!", or "Hey guess what, players that previously played my other plots now get a significant advantage on this completely unrelated plot!".
Posted Feb 12, 19 · Last edited Feb 12, 19
List
Undo
Sparks:
+69
Online on Site
JrHelper
Overlord
wrote:
I do not imagine that this feature will be used in non-pay to win type ways the majority of the time.

This can be done anyway by saying. "hey join this plot for a code to enter."
joins plot
"code is @4939493 thx"
My pet lenny

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Repost lenny or he will get upset

( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)
Repost me :(
Posted Feb 12, 19
List
Undo
Sparks:
+42
Untagged users
wrote:
This was suggested >6 months ago
-You could make battleship or something like that without people xray hacking or something

but that's against the rules >:(
19.jpg
Posted Feb 12, 19
NoticeNotices