Main Forum

Player/Entity Action - Damage (+Damager)

4 replies
Sparks:
+37
Untagged users
What is my suggestion?
I propose that we have a Text option inside a Player Action: Damage to set the damager. A similar thing has been proposed before by S4nders (Source) which Jeremaster seemed like he would accept it but it was never added/Jere forgot about it. It's been over 1 and a half years, so I thought I should bring it back up.

What does it do?
This sets the damager of a player when they are damaged so it would be under Player Damage Player.

How can this be used?
For example, if I made a death roulette type-of thing, it would do Damage (Random Player) 999999. However, there would be no easy way to fire off the Player Kill/Damage Player event without this. With this suggestion, you could add a Text parameter to the Damage action (Image for reference). This would be useful for many games using systems such as Death Roulette as explained above or maybe an AOE killing effect.

TL;DR
My suggestion is to add a Damager parameter to Player Action: Damage
19.jpg
Posted Jan 10, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 10, 19
Great Sugg...
List
Undo
Sparks:
+22
Untagged users
You can detect code damage with the player death and take damage event..
Posted Jan 10, 19
Sparks:
+37
Untagged users
wrote:
You can detect code damage with the player death and take damage event..
You can, but that won't be classified as Player Kill Player or Player Damage Player. For example, I might want a Death Roulette to steal the victim's remaining health. But to do that, I would need to do Player Kill Player -> Heal[Damager] (CurrentHP[Victim]) to do that. A Take Damage/Death Event wouldn't work the same.
19.jpg
Posted Jan 10, 19 · OP
Sparks:
+124
Admins
Expert
Emperor
Fun fact: S4nders attempted to implement this once (this was even accidentally left in the lore of the damage action for awhile) but couldn't due to spigot being rather broken when it comes to detecting who damaged who.
Posted Jan 11, 19
Sparks:
+37
Untagged users
wrote:
Fun fact: S4nders attempted to implement this once (this was even accidentally left in the lore of the damage action for awhile) but couldn't due to spigot being rather broken when it comes to detecting who damaged who.
stupid spigot stop being broken
19.jpg
Posted Jan 12, 19 · OP
NoticeNotices