of 3

News 3.2 Creator Level Rework

23 replies
Sparks:
+871
Admins
Owner
Hi everyone!

At long last, it is time to announce the upcoming Creator Rework in Patch 3.2! Hopefully everyone enjoyed the teasers in the Discord :)

Let's get into it. Firstly, in this rework, we're seeking to address many of the issues with the current creator level system. The current system suffers from a few things:
- The progression doesn't feel like a meaningful representation of a player's game design skills relative to other players.
- The rewards system doesn't feel rewarding; players don't have any choice as to which rewards they want.
- Boosters, especially stacked in large amounts, heavily benefit those online at the time - thus negatively impacting those who missed the party.

To address these issues, we will be completely replacing the old leveling system with a new Creator Rankings system.

How does it work? There are eight creator ranks (tiers). They are sorted into two groups: The Fire Tiers and the Gemstone Tiers. The Fire Tiers are Spark, Ember, Blaze, and Inferno; the Gemstone Tiers are Quartz, Jade, Ruby, and Diamond.

Each comes with a chat tag:

http://imgur.com/ZzZSQhq

Your Creator Rank (or Creator Tier if you like) is determined by the number of Creator Points you have. Creator Points are earned only through joins and votes on your plots. Creator Points gain is not affected by boosters (which will still exist, but will affect something else which we'll get to in a bit).

All the join/vote messages have been reworked to look cooler and provide more information more efficiently.

So how exactly does one advance through the tiers? The Fire Tiers and the Quartz Tier all have set requirements for the total amount of CP (creator points) it takes to earn them. Unlike levels, your CP does not reset when you earn a new tier. Rather, tiers are based on your cumulative total CP.

The Gemstone Tiers function differently than the Fire Tiers. We like to call these the Competitive Tiers, because it is here where your performance will be ranked against other players to see who the top DiamondFire game creators are. How does it work? The Quartz Tier has a set CP requirement, but the other Gemstone Tiers (Jade, Ruby, and Diamond) require you to be in a certain top percentage of players in the competitive tiers. For example, to achieve the Jade rank, you must rank in the top 50% of all players in Quartz and above.

The CP requirements are recalculated every 24 hours based on the percentages.

The competitive tiers have a couple other interesting mechanics. When the requirements are updated once a day, a small percentage of each competitive (Quartz+) player's total CP will be converted into Credits - a new currency that we'll be rolling out on DiamondFire, which will allow players to purchase gadgets, pets, plots, and even code actions. Rather than be rewarded solely based on levels, players will earn credits and be able to choose what rewards they want to spend them on.

Keep in mind, this conversion mechanic can cause you to drop tiers - and even to drop out of the competitive ladder altogether. This ensures that the rankings stay fresh, and that players must actively keep their games exciting if they want to stay at the top of the heap!

Another interesting mechanic of the top tiers is that Quartz+ players will be able to view their competitive ladder ranking - where they stand relative to all the other Quartz+ players (e.g. Rank 17/235). Additionally, the top 10 players in Diamond (the highest tier) will have their ladder rank displayed in their chat tag - and the DiamondFire Creator Champion (Rank 1) gets some added flair!

How will we be transitioning into this new system? We believe that, in this transition, all players should have an opportunity to succeed and make a run for the top of the ladder. As such, all players will begin at the Spark rank.

Keep in mind though - your currently earned rewards will not be reset. Let me repeat: The rewards players have already earned will not be taken away. Nobody will lose plots, pets, spawn eggs, or gadgets due to the changes.

Thanks for making it through this thread! Feel free to reply if you have any questions regarding the new Creator Rankings system.

- Jeremaster and the DiamondFire Administrators
Posted May 24, 17 · OP · Last edited Mar 17, 18
List
Undo
Sparks:
+19
Mod
Overlord
GG! New level rework!
What are you looking at? Keep scrolling...
Posted May 24, 17
Sparks:
+7
Mythic
Woah, awesome! I love the idea, so cool!
Posted May 24, 17
Sparks:
+202
Mod
Overlord
This sounds exciting. I can't wait for the actual tags to appear on Node Beta, right now they look pretty funny.
cAAPh7A.gif
DiamondFire Moderator
Posted May 24, 17
Sparks:
+495
Online on Site
Mythic
The Fire Tiers just look like a remake of current levels, but the Gemstone Tiers look pretty cool
WymR5vZ.png
Posted May 24, 17
Sparks:
+289
Helper
Overlord
Nice thread! cant wait!!! HYPE

Advertisment...
Dont%20Click%20this.png
ILY MRMINE
Posted May 24, 17
Sparks:
+26
Overlord
Will that lose value in are ranks because you can buy code blocks or are you make Credits exclusive code blocks
Spoiler: SignatureShow
Posted May 24, 17
Sparks:
+22
Banned users
NICE! Jk
Huge fault:

Time to get a player to rent my plots so i can get massive amounts of XP
like that time i got dub 70k XP, No doubt ill be #1 soon
Posted May 24, 17
Sparks:
+871
Admins
Owner
Will that lose value in are ranks because you can buy code blocks or are you make Credits exclusive code blocks

Some code features will be instantly unlocked with ranks but also unlockable through credits. Other code features (ones that have not been added yet) will only be unlockable with credits - that way Overlords have an incentive to earn credits :). Either way, nobody will lose any features that they currently already have - that would just be unfair.
wrote:
NICE! Jk
Huge fault:

Time to get a player to rent my plots so i can get massive amounts of XP
like that time i got dub 70k XP, No doubt ill be #1 soon

It's a shame that you decided to present a legitimate concern in such a rude and sarcastic manner; it really detracts from your point. As far as plot renting, we don't think it will have a significant effect on the rankings; if it does, we can address that when and if it occurs. Our logs do show exactly when and where XP/CP is coming from. :)
Posted May 24, 17 · OP · Last edited May 24, 17
Sparks:
+495
Online on Site
Mythic
btw jere if you use http://i.imgur.com/ZzZSQhq.jpg I think you can do it as an image:
ZzZSQhq.jpg
WymR5vZ.png
Posted May 24, 17
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices