Page
of 5

News 3.2: DiamondFire Credits

44 replies
Sparks:
+871
Admins
Owner
Heyo! If you haven't heard about 3.2's new Creator Rankings system, be sure to check it out here: http://www.mcdiamondfire.com/forum/m/30117777/viewthread/30243330-32-creator-level-rework

Now for some information about the upcoming Credits system in DiamondFire Patch 3.2.

As stated in the level rework post, we are introducing a brand-new currency to DiamondFire: Credits. I'm gonna structure this post in Q&A format, so hopefully it'll be fairly easy to read:

Note: DiamondFire Credits can be referred to as 'credits' or with the abbreviation 'DFC'.

What can you purchase with Credits?
Credits can be used to purchase:

• Gadgets
  • Gadget Ammo
  • Pets
  • Pet Auras (for Mythic+ players)
  • Plots
  • Code Features

And perhaps some more cool features to be added in the future!

Wait, you can get code features with Credits?
That's correct! Not all code features will be unlockable through credits, though. Some rank-exclusive features will be unlockable via credits in addition to the ranks. And some code code features (ones that haven't been added yet) will ONLY be unlocked with credits - so Overlords need credits too :)

Hold on, some ranked features can be unlocked with credits? Does this mean I'll lose my Show Inv?
No. Nobody will lose any features that they already have. If a given rank currently unlocks a given feature, then that rank will always instantly unlock that feature regardless of credits.

How do you earn these credits?
That's the exciting part. The distribution of DFC is actually controlled by the players :o

What????? How does that work?
Every player will have access to a new Player Action: Reward Credits. When this action is used, it will reward the player with a certain amount of credits.

How many credits? Won't this be abused?
The amount of credits rewarded by Player Action: Reward Credits is calculated by the server, which uses a super-secret algorithm to balance frequent and less frequent rewards such that rewards are fairly balanced across all plots. Plus, the algorithm detects and prevents AFK farming.

Wow! How do you recommend people use Player Action: Reward Credits?
The system works best when players put rewards in places that make sense. For example, one might reward players for getting a kill in a PVP game or reaching a checkpoint in a parkour game. Or one could reward players for completing an entire adventure plot. It's up to you. Keep in mind that your reward amounts will likely start low, but as more people play, the numbers will adjust automatically.

Are there other ways of earning DFC?
Currently, the only planned methods for earning DFC are Player Action: Reward Credits and the competitive conversion mechanic that we mentioned in the Creator Rankings Rework.

What if I have more questions?
Feel free to reply to this thread with any additional questions :)

- Jeremaster and the DiamondFire Administrators
Posted May 25, 17 · OP · Last edited Mar 17, 18
List
Undo
Sparks:
+110
Mod
Overlord
Yay! Great work! Cant wait to start giving out DFC to bedwars winners!
Posted May 25, 17 · Last edited May 25, 17
List
Undo
Sparks:
+96
Helper
Overlord
Will the reward credits block be rank exclusive? Or will everyone get to use it?
Posted May 25, 17
Sparks:
+871
Admins
Owner
Will the reward credits block be rank exclusive? Or will everyone get to use it?

Every player has access to it. There are no rank requirements whatsoever for it.
Posted May 25, 17 · OP
Sparks:
+281
Overlord
Is DFC another way to dig into my wallet? Cuz if so....
Attached Images
1767502.gif
Reach%20for%20the%20stars....png
http://www.mcdiamondfire.com/forum/m/30117777/viewthread/31222572-starbound-2-closed-alpha/page/1
Posted May 25, 17
List
Undo
Sparks:
+289
Helper
Overlord
lets say makes a credit plot like you can get credits every so often so like a farm where a ton of people join? is that bannable?
Dont%20Click%20this.png
ILY MRMINE
Posted May 25, 17
Sparks:
+6
JrHelper
Overlord
One question what is the estimated waiting time until 3.2?
Thanks.
ijZZ8e8.png
Posted May 25, 17
Sparks:
+103
Overlord
I'm officially ready to start playing DF again. I'm not saying it was bad, I was just waiting for this update. Maybe a kitpvp that gives some credits every certain amounts of kills or something. OR something better could be 1000 credits for every escape in an escapist plot. That would be nice...
9sw1n4.jpg
Posted May 25, 17
List
Undo
Sparks:
+103
Overlord
Question: Will DFC be something where you get very little but everything costs a lot?
9sw1n4.jpg
Posted May 25, 17
Sparks:
+1
Untagged users
I Can't Wait for 3.2!
Posted May 25, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices